Monday, June 15, 2009

Trident Watermelon Twist


Flavor: On the package, three slices of fruit are pictured: honeydew melon, watermelon, and what appears to be cantaloupe. On my palette I taste exactly this many fruit flavors: ZERO. There’s not even an initial burst of *any*thing. When you first bite down, there’s this dull sort-of-watermelony taste that is so weak it is barely even detectable, it’s almost like smelling the piece of gum and chewing it are the same experience. The more you chew, the less flavor you get, if that’s even possible. It’s this barely detectable nutra-sweet nothing that never satisfies anything. Watermelon Twist is like a really bad blind date. An ugly one. With bad breath. That just leaves a bad taste in your mouth.


Texture: Its starts out bad and gets worse. I can’t even elaborate, it’s really plain and simple. It’s like gnawing on a rubber band.


Overall: I bought this gum a long time ago and vowed never to buy it again because of its intense suckiness, but alas, the gumblog calls, and people like catty ranting diatribes. I’m so disappointed in Trident that I want to just break up with it and upgrade to a gum that meets more of my complicated masticating needs, but my unconditional love of Trident Minty Sweet Twist (swoon...) is worth keeping Trident and me together for now. I won’t even finish this pack, and that says something. So, sorry Watermelon Twist. You’ll just have to chew yourself tonight.

Rating: o (one gumball)

16 comments:

Razor Beamz said...

I am actually currently chewing Trident Watermelon Twist and I would have to say I disagree with you completely. Watermelon Twist is my favorite flavor, and I can individually taste back and forth between the canteloupe and watermelon flavors.

Anonymous said...

I agree, I bought a 3 pack of it (Bad idea) it has NO taste. ):

Anonymous said...

"Watermelon Twist is like a really bad blind date" sounds like ur the bad blind date you schmelt/....WT is the greatest invention to date...I suggest you chew this gum when your out and maybe ull get some...other than that it seems like the looks just arent cuttin it for ya ...pcee broady!

Katie said...

Oh wow! The "comments" box is intended to encourage our readers to disagree with us. In fact, we invite readers to share their own gum experiences, as the gum experience is different for every chewer.

Alas, you needn't be such a jerk about it. Have a great day! I hope you get some, too.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree. The only thing i can taste is a faint bit of watermelon. It doesnt taste ANYTHING like it looks like its supposed ot on the package. So much for that gum :(

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna have to disagree. I'm chewing it right now as well... i actually like it, I thought there was quite a burst when you first started chewing it, with the flavor lingering quietly as it dies down, keeping you interested but not overpowering you.

Anonymous said...

Every time I chew this gum I get a chicks phone number.

Khrysteeh said...

I think this gum is pretty darn good. But "Watermelon Twist" is just not a very good name for it :/
It's fruity to me at first, then I taste a bit of cinnamon, and it's minty too. I don't know if that's just my imagination but it's what it's like to me. My friend said the same thing too.
But 1 gumball??? It's not that bad =O

Anonymous said...

This gum is good!

Anonymous said...

This gum is excellent. Subtle, nuanced, the flavor just drifts through your mouth like a daydream. My favorite flavor for the time being.

BobFromAccounting said...

Got a pack for Xmas (yes, that is a very cheap gift to give someone), so I'm chewing it now (haven't had any in years, since I was never a fan). It's better than I remember, but still not great. Harder than most trident, and rather generic "melon" flavour, which is a bit like honeydew, I think. I'd give it two out of five, at least in my current state of mind.

Kayla S. said...

This is actually one of my favorite gums, but I do agree that watermelon twist may not be the best name for it. Maybe just melon twist.

Jamie said...

My 10 year old LOVES this gum, won't chew anything else!

Anonymous said...

worst review ever. watermelon twist owns your soul. YOURE A BAD PERSON

Anonymous said...

have you burned your taste buds off??? this is my all time favorite flavor of gum(chewing as i type)its practically 0 calories and no sugar and so deliciously sweet and fruity

Unknown said...

I particularly think that it is a wonderful choice in chewing gum even if your not into chewing gum. Love it!!!