Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Dentyne Arctic Chill


Flavor: In a word: WOW. This gum is, by far, the blastiest blast of flavor I've ever tried to date. The candy shell is like infused with menthol or something, and on first bite it really will clear your sinuses. If you need some freshening, I don't think there's any gum out there better for you than this one. It stays pretty strong for a fair amount of time as well - it fades from explosive to quite pleasant, and as long as you have a piece of this in your mouth, you will never be exposed for your affinity to garlic bread or red wine.

Texture: Again, fantastic. As a rule, pellet gum texture leaves something to be desired, but Dentyne Arctic Chill is alright by me. It's a tiny bit softer than my personal perfect preference, and it has an ever-so-slight squeak, but it's absolutely got the best texture in pellets out there. My only legitimate qualm is that the pieces are small, but that's no biggie and certainly not worth negative points.

Overall: If I didn't prefer stick gum over pellet gum, I find it safe to say that this would be my favorite gum. I just don't like popping pellets out of blisters. One time I had one of those 50-piece cups of this in my car and it was gone within a week. I almost looked forward to my trips to the grocery store just because I knew that I could chew a couple pieces of this gum. And so, Dentyne Arctic Chill, this gumblogger is proud to proclaim you the first pellet gum worthy of the coveted five gumballs.
Rating: ooooo (five gumballs)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I have to say I agree with this review. I'm a big fan of the original Dentyne Ice, and one night I was at a store that didn't seem to have Dentyne anywhere. I was about to give up hope when my eyes landed on this little bundle of joy. Bad breath never stands a chance. :)

Anonymous said...

As a person who rarely chews gum, this is gum I always buy when I can. Love that super minty taste.

pandaKrusher said...

This is the secret gum of choice for those who accidentally get drunk before work. Dentyne Arctic Chill is as much a part of being a functioning alcoholic as sick days, blackouts and New Balance shoes. Five stars.

Anonymous said...

This is one of the worst gums I ever chewed. The gum loses it's flavor quickly and it makes my mouth really dry. I usually chew trident but this was on sale. I tried to chew it several different times and each time it dried out my mouth. I will never buy this gum again!

bubblyface said...

I can't live a day without chewing gum, and this is one of my favorite gum. I agree with the review that it definitely clears up your sinuses. But the reason why I love it so much is because I love that strong minty taste when you first chew it!

Carolinca said...

I know why "Anonymous" is anonymous. He must look for positive reviews of something just to dis it. He obviously never chewed this gum because his description is completely off. If there was a criticism of Dentyne Ice, it would be that it is TOO strong, because the flavor lasts quite a while.

I am writing because I can't find Dentyne Arctic Ice anywhere. Is it the favorite that gets sold the fastest? Where do you guys get it?