Sunday, October 10, 2010

Bubblicious Sour Citrus

Flavor: It seems that I've been giving all sugary gums rave reviews, but I wonder if the quality of flavor has to do mostly with the intake of sugar that I deprive myself of whilst chewing sugar-free, health-conscious gums like Trident. Regardless, Bubblicious will leave a gross film on your teeth for hours, and the flavor fades within minutes, but that initial burst of fruity goodness is (almost) totally worth the cavity-causing, plaque-creating sugar. This gum, however, tastes more like mango to me than citrus. Although they're often lumped together, mango isn't actually a citrus fruit. Based on the name, I would expect this gum to taste more like orange-tangerine-lemon-lime. It's not even sour, but mostly sweet. "Sour mango" might be more accurate, since it is a little more sour than an actual mango.

Texture: It's Bubblicious. Big and meaty at first, then stale and tough, but producing fantastic bubbles that will definitely stick to your glasses when it pops (you've been warned... I learned the hard way).

Presentation: The familliar pink "B" is front and center on this package, and it's surrounded by really cool multi-color swirlies that suggest lime and lemon. I just don't taste it. Maybe, like the taster of fine wines, you need a delicate palate to detect the subtle lemon overtones here. Or... maybe not.

Overall: I can't really give this gum a great rating, because I just don't feel it accomplished what it set out to do. It tastes good, but it just doesn't hit the mark.

Rating: ooo (three gumballs)

Psst... enter our bubble blowing contest.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

This progress is so pretty. Your drive sounds lovely.I’m very joyous to browse this kind of enjoyable and interrogating. barracking with relevance giving persons this kind of clear-cut data. satisfying bang for find out a allotment of. i favor this kind of circulate.I am rather certain i’ll find out legion new stuff right here than any one-by-one supplemented. OOH media advertising on the more responsible option and in shopping centers gets your potential customers while they are in shopping mode. A not too bad ad spot campaign can prompt clients to buy your things there and after that, especially in case you are running headway as a helper.